Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

ruger 10-22 takedown

Ruger 10-22 Takedown - When it comes to .22 semi-automatic rifles, there is a short list of iconic models that have truly made their mark over the decades. These include, in no particular order, the Remington Nylon 66, the Marlin Model 60, the Brown SA-22, and of course the Ruger 10/22. Of these, the Roger is certainly the most equipped, with a trigger, barrel, stock, and magazine. gun.

The 10/22 is a compact, handy rifle, and I've used it for over 30 years, but this is my first experience with a Takedown model. Do you know? I like it very much.

Ruger 10-22 Takedown

Ruger 10-22 Takedown

The Magpul X-22 Backpacker stock is both thoughtful and cool. The following:

Used Ruger 10/22 Takedown 22lr 10/22 Long Gun Buy Online

I'm as grown up as I want to get, but some things still confuse me a little, and this gun is one of them. Yes, a stripped-down gun is cool, but putting the pieces together is even more awesome. And this stock is really cool.

Something about the balance makes it nice to hold with a pistol.

Instead of the "Uncle Mike" type studs I'm used to sighting my shotguns with, this one is set up for a more tactical approach. A similar button slider can be used after installing a steel insert (not included) in the stock hole.

Notice the length of the barrel in this picture. When you store it, it goes into a spare rubber.

Product Focus: Ruger 10/22 Take Down Lite

The Magpul X-22 holster makes the best use of the 10/22 Takedown, offering plenty of functionality and keeping the two main parts of the gun together.

As the barrel extension massages the two rifle components it slips into the black rubber.

Storing the barrel is easy, as is reassembling the rifle. The stock components are well laid out and well built. Not too rough, but still easy to grip.

Ruger 10-22 Takedown

To remove the barrel and forend, squeeze the buttons on the side to release it from the stock, then slide it away from the stock.

Sb22™ Takedown Kit

The pistol grip even has a waterproof storage compartment. Perhaps the stock's biggest drawback is the storage lid (which they call a "catch core") that doesn't lock when opened. I can't say I really care about this, but people have proven that they can and do destroy all the weapon parts that aren't connected in some way.

That said, I don't trust anyone to fall and accidentally lose this hat. The orange O-ring makes it a perfect match.

Press the release and you can remove the cover (Magpul calls it the "grip core"). It has a waterproof sealing ring.

I received this rifle the day before I went on a hunt and it was a last resort. When I got home I took everything and started looking at stocks. At that time I knew nothing about this model.

Custom 10/22 Takedown 10round Magazine Nys Compliant

When you see a lock on a gun store, you naturally want to open it and see what's inside. So I was hoping to find some kind of empty storage area.

There is a removable divider that can be removed if you want (it has a place to store it)

Well, I must say this gun has a nice stock. I also like the Flat Dark Earth (FDE) color. My favorite part is that I have to push my face under the cheekbones to aim it, so it needs a little more pressure.

Ruger 10-22 Takedown

If you have 10/22 Takedown and don't have this stock, well, this is kind of a bomb. But you can buy one. It works with sport and bull barrels and is currently available on the Magpul website for $109.95 in black, gray and FDE.

Pmaca Takedown Chassis

When it came time to crack the 10/22 Takedown, it was a piece of cake. Slide the locking lever forward, pull the bolt back slightly or fully, and rotate the barrel 1/4 hour clockwise (as viewed from the rear of the weapon). Then slide the barrel out of the receiver. That's it!

The first time you install the barrel into the receiver, you must adjust the bolt knob to remove any "slop" between the barrel and receiver. I couldn't do that before the first shot, and the fit between the barrel and receiver was a little loose, but it was accurate enough every time I shot it. It got tighter when I followed the fitting instructions.

The Ruger Takedown system is excellent and I find it to be the fastest and easiest takedown system I have ever used.

I like the scenery. This isn't surprising, as I've long been a fan of Williams rifle sights, but I'm a bit squeamish about the rear sight. It's not too much of a problem when the gun is mounted because it's close to the receiver, but it's easy to snag the rear sight on something when it's inserted into the carry. Of course, external things are always in your sights when you throw them away, so attention must be paid.

In Pursuit Of The Better Mousetrap: Takedown X22 Backpacker

As usual with the 10/22, the front sight is mounted on an integrated steel risk. The finish is as you'd expect from a Ruger: serviceable, but a little rough. The included thread guard works fine if you don't run suppressors.

This rifle is zeroed at the factory, but the sights are so low that I can barely get my jaw down on the stock to see the sights properly. Therefore, this stock's spread appears to be a little on the high side.

The crown is deeply recessed to protect the gun, and there is no reason for the crown to be damaged by the cleaning rod on a removed gun.

Ruger 10-22 Takedown

The painted alloy receiver is mounted on a drill and optical or sight. My old walnut 10/22 is equipped with two rear hole Williams sights.

Lightweight Barrels For Ruger 10/22 Takedown

Roger scope includes base and four noses. The base accepts either a webbing style scope ring or a narrow dovetail style scope mount.

If you install a range, you can use a cheek rest, also known as a storage compartment, for this unit.

There is a danger to the cheek. If you choose to mount the range, it replaces the stock height storage cap.

I really like this gun and wish I didn't because I might buy it instead of returning it.

Ruger 10/22 Takedown Semi Auto Rifle Magpul Backpacker Ss 16.4\

That said, I'm not a fan of the extended version of the magazine. I found it easier to remove the 10/22 magazine the old fashioned way by holding the magazine with your thumb and forefinger and naturally pushing the magazine trigger with your thumb and pulling it out of the gun.

There is no way to pull the magazine out with the extended version, so I have to retrain myself to use this properly.

I like the way it saves, I like the way it combos, and I like the way it fires. The trigger pull isn't too bad, and the weight is a slightly scary 5 pounds. I appreciate the round face that Ruger now uses on these triggers.

Ruger 10-22 Takedown

This little gun is fun, practical and beautiful. All four plugs worked great and the gun only gave me one glitch. While cooking up a cheap and quick batch of amphitheater, I got a bunch of chive jam. I'm glad they all blew up. Some old .22 ammo isn't super reliable.

Now Shipping: Magpul X 22 Takedown For The Ruger 10/22 Takedown

If I had to complain about anything, it would be that the cheekpiece is a bit higher for comfortable aiming, and the magazine release takes some getting used to. Plus, it's a great portable magazine that you can throw in your bag and take on a trip with lots of magazines.

I don't always love the tools I test, but in this case there is some love. Do you think they will take stock of walnuts on 10/22/1977? I also…

If you're in the market for a .22, take a good look at Davidson's Ruger 10/22 Takedown bag.

Editor and Contributing Writer Russ Chastain is a longtime hunter and marksman who has spent a lifetime learning about hunting, shooting, rifles, ammunition, gunsmithing, reloading and shooting. He has been carrying a rifle into the woods since he was nine years old and has been hunting deer with a rifle since 1982, so his hunting knowledge has grown over three and a half years. Your desire and ability

Ruger 10/22 Take Down Semi Auto Rifle 22lr

Sig p365 tulster holster, sig p365 iwb holster, sig holsters p365, sig p365 sas holster, sig p365 xl holster, sig p365 hybrid holster, appendix holster sig p365, safariland holster sig p365, sig p365 belt holster, sig p365 holster, sig p365 purse holster, sig sauer p365 holster

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Recent Comments

Ad Code